Réseau des Femmes with the financial support from Kvinna Till Kvinna planned and implemented successfully the “Uri Nyampinga or You are a woman of value” project targeting the following beneficiaries and key stakeholders:
- They continued to work with 180 teen mother survivors of GBV since 2018 including 90 in Burera District (in Gahunga, Kinoni, Rugarama and Cyanika Sectors); and 90 in Rwamagana District (in Muhazi and Kigabiro Sectors).
- In this year (2021), Réseau des Femmes identified additional right holders, and worked with new 120 right holders that include 60 teen mothers and 60 teen girls: 60 in Rwamagana Districts (Rubona and Mwulire Sectors); and 60 in Burera (Kinyababa and Kagogo Sectors).
In total, Réseau des Femmes has been serving 300 teen mothers and vulnerable teen girls in 10 sectors of Bulera and Rwamagana as detailed above. Like the existing rights holders, the new ones were selected based on their Ubudehe categories (D, E), teen with disabilities, teen girls head of families, street teen girls, teen girls from vulnerable families, or families living in conflicts. Indirect target groups of the project included 100 parents of teen mothers/teen girls, 30 school teachers, 30 GBV mentors, 100 boys and 20 key health service providers. For the smooth implementation of this project, Réseau des Femmes targeted key stakeholders/partners both at national and community levels including; MIGEPROF, MINEDUC, Local authorities and JADF, Rwanda Standards Board (RSB), Schools head teachers and teachers, Religious representatives/ leaders, Media engagement, Health Centers and Health workers, Cooperatives officers, Veterinary officers, and Partnering with legal institutions like; Association Rwandaise des Droits de l’Homme (ARDHO), Collectifs des Ligues et Assocition des Droits de l’Homme (CLADHO), Haguruka Organization, Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB), Police for Legal support and security of teen mothers and their parents after reporting their GBV cases.
The major aim of the project is to reduce Teenage pregnancy and GBV in project operation Sectors in Burera and Rwamagana Districts. The project outcomes include:
- Improved protection from gender-based violence by both duty bearers and right holders including teachers, nurses, GBV mentors, justice actors, brothers and parents in Burera and Rwamagana Districts;
- Rights holders and duty bearers have an increased understanding and respect for SRHR;
- Enhanced qualitative participation of women in decision-making and conflict resolution;
- Improved documentation of project Outcomes and sharing for with other stakeholders.