Join Our Team
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RECRUITMENT
Réseau des Femmes Oeuvrant pour le Développement Rural (Réseau des Femmes) is a Rwandan, not-for-profit organization founded in 1986, with a legal personality No 15/08.11 of 28/2/2011. Its mission is « to contribute to the empowerment of rural women and girls so that they are fully engaged in their own development in particular and community development in general and recognized as actors for effective development». With UN WOMEN funding, Réseau des Femmes would like to recruit 1 Project Coordinator in the framework of Empower and Include (E&I Project): Combating Gender Based Violence through empowering local security organs and Community in Nyarugenge and Gasabo Districts.
JOB POSTING: Project Coordinator
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Improved protection of women and girls from gender-based violence by both duty bearers including local
security organs and community in areas of intervention of Gasabo and Nyarugenge Districts.
Roles and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Program Director of the organization, the Project Coordinator will work and act
as a link between community groups, especially local security organs and different stakeholders.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
1. Overall coordination and management of project activities planned on the year 2022-2023 for the
Empower and Include (E&I Project) in Nyarugenge and Gasabo Districts;
2. Develop operational plan in line of the approved budget and UN WOMEN requirements and ensures
project is delivered according to action plan and timeline;
3. Develop internal progress narrative report on a quarterly period and any other substantial report required
by partners and Donors;
4. Ensure high quality monitoring and evaluation of the project in line with UN WOMEN;
5. Work closely with Réseau des Femmes Program Director, Finance manager to ensure and facilitate high
quality of narrative and financial reporting and audits as well as implementation;
6. Make quarterly financial reports to both in keeping with expected project outcomes;
7. Monitor project progress; oversee management of logistics, local finance in keeping with accounting
8. Securing proper use of project budget to ensure accountability.
9. Maintain good relationship between Districts of intervention and other key project stakeholders.
Educational Qualifications and Employment Experience:
Rwandan nationality with a minimum education level of Bachelor degree in social sciences, Development studies, Gender Equality and other related domains and at least 5 years of experience in gender and community development especially in fighting Gender Based Violence. A Master degree in the above field is an added value;
Experience in project management, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation;
Having knowledge and skills in writing Project proposals and concept notes/terms of references;
Knowledge on GBV laws and Policies that protect women and girls;
Experience in preparing and conducting different trainings;
Having basic knowledge in Accounting for monitoring project budget;
Experience in writing progress and annual reports and success stories in English;
Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda both orally and in writing (good writing skills in English);
knowing French is an added advantage;
Competent in the use of standard office;
Good interpersonal and communication skills and confidence;
Have excellent organizational and Leadership qualities;
Establishing and maintain working relationships with local structures;
Able to work independently and under pressure;
Ready to start immediately.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application which include motivation letter, certified copies of relevant academic and profession certificates and a detailed CV naming at least three professional referees addressed to: National Coordinator of Réseau des Femmes 0euvrant pour le Développement Rural through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is not later than 05 May 2022 at 5h00 pm.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted, women and girls are mostly encouraged to apply.